Danvers Youth Soccer 2023 Grade 1/Grade 2 Futsal Program
Danvers Youth Soccer is very excited to offer this affordable playing opportunity for our 1st and 2nd grade players!
The Danvers Youth Soccer Futsal Program will play games each Monday evening at the Great Oak School gymnasium starting at 6PM. If there is enough interest a 2nd session will be added at 7PM. The games will be instructional in format, closely mirroring our current Grade 1 and 2 outdoor programs.
Futsal is a small-sided version of soccer, played on a hard surface without boards and using a special ball and rules. It has been recognized and endorsed as the preferred player development format for off-season and indoor play by leading organizations locally, nationally and world-wide. Futsal helps players improve and develop their first touch and control, decision making, shooting and passing accuracy as well as transition, vision and movement off the ball.
To register for this exciting program, click HERE or visit our website www.danversyouthsoccer.org
- Location- Great Oak Elementary School Gym 76 Pickering St.
Monday 7-8PM (if interest warrants)
- Duration- 6 weeks starting 2/27/2023, ending 4/3/2023
- Format- Game-based Instructional, incorporating DYS outdoor rules and futsal rules; Game play will incorporate instructional warm-up and half-time periods. DYS will provide referees from our Genesis Referee program as well as an on-site program supervisor and mentor.
- Eligibility- Currently registered DYS Grade 1 and Grade 2 players
- Player Equipment Requirements- DYS uniform jersey, soccer shorts and shin guards covered by soccer socks. Flat-soled athletic footwear (sneakers or “indoor cleats”)- no outdoor cleats.